![](/sites/default/files/pictures/full/no-image-360.png)
Amazing for its near perfect condition, this fully operational mill dates from the 1870s. Local sandstone gathered by Demetrius Compton and dressed by Samuel Compton was used for the foundation and first floor of the banked mill. The white pine lumber was cut in a sawmill built for the purpose a few hundred feet away. The west wall has a 4 × 4–foot opening to accommodate the hub of the waterwheel powered by a quarter-mile-long spillway fed by Tub Mill Run. The mill was modernized in 1937, switching from waterpower to steam. Two additions on the southeast elevation, containing the boiler room and blacksmith shop, date from this time. Today, the mill grinds grain using both rollers and the traditional grindstones.